Sunday, August 19, 2007

Paintball

Yesterday was the very first time I played paintball. It was painful but inflicting pain on others was well worth it. I would have known where the paintball field was located if I wasn't sleeping all the time in the bus. Don't blame me, it was too early. You try waking up at 8 and see if u manage to stay awake.

So anyway we left Lincoln at 8.30 and reached at about 9.30. The field was on a hill and this further worsen the cold weather. Once we get there, we would have to choose our package: starter (100 balls for $35 which is pretty pathetic), rambo pack( 300 balls for $75 which is okla if you don't like wasting so much money like me) and terminator pack (600 balls for $120 which is great if you are pissed that day and just feel like kicking some ass). I chose the rambo pack since I knew that 100 balls is just way too little and being a noob I would most probably finish it in a game.

We suit up and were divided into two teams, Red and Blue. After receiving our guns, we were led to the first field for a short tutorial and we were ready to rock. We played a total of 4 fields, first which is really just a simple field with barricades, second which is a ravine, third which is a simple hill with wooden planks erected as fortress and the last field which is the field with trenches. I 'died' every round but it was satisfying , minus the part where you get shot.

So after playing paintball today, I came up with 3 easy steps to win:

a) Always rush first because it's more fun shooting your opponent in a close range (forget the dumb 6 meters rule). If you're shot while rushing, try wiping the paint off or at least take out the person who shot you.

b) Never give up because you are only encouraging your opponents to shoot you more. Imagine this, a tall guy gets out of his hiding spot, puts his gun in the air and shouts out I give up. Go figure.

c) Whenever you lie down to hide up on the hill, cover your balls (only applicable to males) because lying down on top of the hill with your crotch wide open will not only give your opponent an easy target to shoot at but also rob you off your father's day.

The funniest event which happen today was:

Chewy: Haha bitches! Come on and shoot me! Wtf you all can't shoot me?? Shoot me bitches!! (while taunting his opponents with the middle finger)

Mei and another person on chewy's team started firing at chewy's back and this caused him to turn around only to get another shot right at his mouth.

Chewy: Bastards, why you guys shooting me??

Mei: OH, I thought you told us to shoot you....

So that's all there is to it in yesterday's paintball. Really a fun experience. I recommend this sport to all those who haven't tried this before and just feel like venting your anger out by shooting people who annoys the hell out of you. You can shoot yourself too if you're a self mutilator.

No comments: